I have been trying to think of all the ways he has matured over the past year.
- Learned his letters and numbers and how to write them with his LEFT hand--although writing isn't his favorite thing to do
- Knows his address
- Can write his name
- Learned how to ride his tricycle with great success
- Knows a LOT about all kinds of animals and dinosaurs
- Made lots of friends
- Learned how to dress himself
- Learned how to cut with scissors
- Can do a somersault
- Can ride a bike
- Talks "older"; he still makes a little bit of a "w" sound for Ls and Rs but the little kid voice is much less than it was a year ago
- Can have a fabulous conversation about all kinds of topics
We told Ewan that once he learned how to ride his tricycle really well then he would be old enough for a bicycle. Well, the day has come and Ewan got a bike from his Mimi and Papa for his birthday. We went yesterday to pick out the bike and even though the humidity was 90% and muggy yesterday we went out to the big parking lot near our house so he could ride around. He had NO trouble at all transitioning from a tricycle to a bike. Seeing him ride on such a big boy bike made my heart hurt just a little. It made me see how much older he is getting. I am thankful he still loves hugs and kisses and doesn't mind holding hands most of the time when we go on walks. He still wants me to play with him and snuggle with him at bedtime. I know those days won't last forever so I am learning to enjoy them while they are still around.
He is so proud of his bike and we are so proud of him! So here are some pictures of him on his big boy bike!