Thursday, August 10, 2006

Boat Riding

Here we are getting ready to go in the boat. Isaac didn't mind wearing the life jacket at all (thank goodness!). He liked being able to walk around in the boat while we were coasting. It made my mommy nervous-o-meter go a little haywire but he did pretty good sitting in my lap and holding onto the sides when he did want to get around. One day he was so tired from taking a very short nap that he crawled in my arms, laid his head on my chest and fell asleep for about 45 minutes. I guess the fresh air of the boat ride made him relax.



Ewan LOVED the boat. He got excited about going on the boat every time we did. Some days he would say, "I have a good idea--let's go on the boat!" He didn't mind wearing his life jacket either and followed directions very well in the boat. Again, my mommy nervous-o-meter went off and I felt like I needed to be at an arms reach of both the boys while Jon drove the boat. Ewan liked point out all the ducks, water planes, and other boats on the lake. We got to watch the water skiers and wake boarders too. One day we got about 30 feet away from some Loons and that was really neat. We were so close to them and got to watch them dive under water to look for fish.



Here are both the boys in their life jackets--and Ewan's sword that went almost everywhere with him while we were there. I realized not too long ago that I only have a few pictures of both boys together. Of course I tried while we were up there to get some more for my collection but getting them both to cooperate at the same time is like herding cats.

No comments: