Sunday, August 02, 2009

Wild Cat Rescue

In the town next to where my mom lives, there is a wild cat rescue place that takes in big cats from people who try to raise them as pets. There are several lions, tigers, cougers, lynx, and bobcats. It was 3 kinds of hot today but we went and walked through to see all the big cats up close. There were two layers of fencing but I have never been so close to lions and tigers before in my lifetime. If I had a stick I could have stuck the cats with it--that is how close we were to them.

Graham was quite fascinated with the tigers and Ewan and Isaac liked the panthers. Unfortunately, cats being cats, most of them were sleeping and not too active. We got some good looks and some not so good smells. It was a nice way to spend some time on a Sunday afternoon though.




No comments: