Monday, February 23, 2009

Invasion of the Birds


So I was in the sunroom and I suddenly saw bird after bird after bird flocking in our backyard.  They were flying in by the dozens and attacking the ground in the backyard.  You can see traces of snow on the ground in the pictures but the snow had recently melted and it was sunny outside.  I ran upstairs to the attic where Jon was studying and got him to look in the backyard.  These birds were EVERYWHERE!  I don't know what they were eating but they were having a field day. They are pretty birds with orange beaks and speckled feathers.  Any idea what they are?


4 comments:

Kelly said...

Yep. They are starlings! My parent's are avid bird watchers and these birds are the "pests" of the bunch. They are kind of the bully birds that scare the pretty ones away. I have memories of my mother shoeing away the pack of them from the feeder. I'm not surprised that you saw so many of them at once. They tend to overcrowd an area.

Dawn said...

Like a scene straight out of The Birds. Did Hitchcock wander in and out of your yard briefly in a cameo?

amelia said...

Thanks Kelly!

Dawn, how did you know about Hitchcock filming in the backyard? That was supposed to be a secret!

Darlene said...

They were looking for you placenta..Haahaa...
Check this website out..http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/