Sunday, December 09, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!


















It snowed! A big blanket of snow covered the ground and everything else last week. Here are a few pictures.

We are doing well with the cold too! Maybe it is simply the mentality of living in a colder place but I haven't felt as miserable as I thought I would. It has gotten down into the teens a few times and it hasn't felt that bad. I am a master at finding blankets, robes, or sweat shirts to keep me warm in the house--which hovers around 58 to 61 degrees. We have fully embraced it so far. I think I will get sick of the cold, don't get me wrong but for now I am truly thankful that I haven't felt totally homesick for sunny skies!

Jon is shoveling the snow. You have to shovel your sidewalk within 24 hours of the snow fall here. A little winter exercise.





Isaac wanted to come inside the second he got outside. This kid has never been much of an outside kid but we make him go outside anyway. He doesn't like getting snow on his hands or shoes. He doesn't know what he is missing. I am hoping that once we get a chance to go sledding he will change his mind!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for SNOW! We actually saw a lot at Thanksgiving and Miriam LOVED making a snowman and learning to make snow angels. Caleb got cold too quickly and was ready for warm before long, kinda like Isaac. But oh, what a fun winter you will have!
-monica

Anonymous said...

Wondering: Why do you have to shovel snow in that time frame? Is it an ordinance, or just being a good neighbor?

amelia said...

It is city ordinance. I think because we live in an urban area and so many people walk that it is as safety issue.

There is a ministry at the school called "Snow Angles" that goes to elderly peoples homes to shovel their sidewalks for them. A pretty cool idea since no one needs to be breaking a hip shoveling the snow!