Monday, January 29, 2007

Sooooo Tired

Sorry it has been so long since I posted! The reason is: I am exhausted.

I am tired of being tired. I nap when the boys do but I usually spend the afternoon in a fog. It seems like napping maybe making me more tired in the afternoon but I feel like I will pass out if I don't get some sleep.

I started having more nausea and vomiting at 9 weeks. I am 11 weeks now and the nausea/vomiting is getting more intense. I was eating more often to curb the nausea but it doesn't really matter if I eat or not. Meals (with a good amount of protein) seem to be the only thing that keeps the nausea away for a couple of hours. One of the worst things is when one of the kids wakes up at night and I have to go check on someone. I get back to bed with my head swimming in nausea. It usually takes me at least 1 hour (last night 1.5) to get back to sleep because all I want to do is puke. I don't want to get back out of bed because it is warm and cozy so I just "think" the nausea away. It really sucks. Jon is really good about checking on the kiddos if they wake up at night but he doesn't always hear it first. And it seems right that he shouldn't have to get up EVERY time.

Sadly, I have gained 3-4 lbs already. Thankfully my clothes still fit fine. A lot of my pants were a little loose anyway. I was hoping not to start gaining any until after the 1st trimester. Because I have been so tired, I am not doing as much activity, plus I am eating more, plus I am sleeping more. Not really a good combo to keep off extra pounds. I can't wait to start exercising again (right now it makes me pukey--but if I am going to puke all day anyway then maybe I should do it anyway.) Actually, I am worried that it would make me MORE tired--but perhaps it would give me more energy. I am too scared to try it now.

I don't remember being this tired with the boys BUT it has been almost 3 years since I was in the first trimester with Isaac so it's kind of fuzzy. I am hoping and praying that the
nausea/vomiting is short lived and that I start getting my energy back soon. I really think this will be the last pregnancy. I know I always forget what it is like but I don't think I can do this again!

We have several projects to do to get the house ready to sell and it is much more difficult to have energy to play with the boys and work on house projects. The house officially goes up on February 12th. Hopefully all the work will get done and I will be feeling more energetic.

I am going to go crash on the couch and stare nonsensically at the tv before heading off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, peace and rest to you my friend. may you enjoy your times by the still waters and hear loudly the whispers of the Spirit as a little miracle grows inside you...
and how wonderful that your boys have each other to play with when Mommy can only watch from the couch! Love you and am praying, monica

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you know more about what causes the nausea than I do, BUT, I am pretty sure one of the by products is acid. Excess acid can cause ulcers. Point is I think you are better off keeping something on your stomach to absorb at least some of the acid even if you throw it up.

I agree with Monica. What a sweet wish.

Love, Dad