Monday, March 01, 2010

Spaghetti and Meatballs OR......

Yummy cupcakes?

I made these for our weekly potluck on Sunday. The theme was Italian so these seemed appropriate. Someone saw them from across the room and thought it really was some kind of spaghetti muffins with meatballs on top! I had always wondered what kind of event I would take some spaghetti and meatball cupcakes too--and now I know!

They are pretty easy to make--especially if you have a boxed cake mix (they don't really sell those here so I had to make from scratch). I got the recipe from the book Hello Cupcake!

I brought the book with me to England and I was considering taking it back to the States on our next trip because many of the cupcakes require US candy that is impossible or difficult to find in the UK. After making these on Sunday though, I may keep it here for a while. The book does offer some good ideas for inspiration.



2 comments:

jcbrown208 said...

Great spaghetti and meatballs! So yummy! I would like a serving of that dish, please.

Trish said...

Hey Amelia and Jon!
That is so fantastic! I have the same book and it inspired me to try out a few of the suggestion, although I don't know if they turned out as well as yours did...
I miss you all and think about you often! You are in my prayers!